We believe that anyone can become a QA Engineer. To achieve this goal you need only desire, diligence and discipline. We will take care of the rest.
Education at IT Nova is based on three essential components of active learning:
The knowledge and skills that our students gain must meet the requirements of employers today and in the future. Therefore, we review and update our course program every six months.
Instructors - Practitioners
Instructors at IT Nova are specialists in their field with more than five years experience. The methods they teach you are the same methods they use on a day-to-day basis at leading companies. In our classrooms, students receive only relevant knowledge from real practice.
We have created a unique learning environment where teachers and students communicate on an equal footing. Our classrooms and laboratories are equipped with comfortable workplaces, computer equipment, and licensed software.
Students and graduates (15-18 y.o)
who will receive their first certification in QA.
University students (18-23 y.o)
who will desire a second specialty in parallel with their university education.
Representatives of other professions (23-55 y.o.)
who are not satisfied with their current careers and financial potential, and wish to train as a QA Engineer for career in the IT industry.
Those who wish to augment their IT qualifications
structure their skills and gain high in demand working knowledge of modern IT.
The program is IT industry demand driven. Our methodologists and trainers are constantly working on improving and updating the curriculum to ensure that Nova graduates can demonstrate their best skills to future employers.
- IT business overview: technologies and terms
- Phases of the software development process
- Software development process methodologies
- Analysis of existing development models and methods
- The role and place of QA in software development, testing and QA process
- Introduction to testing
- The goals and tasks of the testing specialist in the team
- Testing theory: Approach, technologies, levels, process, components
- Defects: Types and life cycle of defects
- Test types. Organization of tests
- Complex software solutions and complex systems testing
- Requirements, introduction to bug tracking systems
- QA process: initialization, goals, priorities, deadlines, risks
- Usability. I18N/L10N. MLU
- Version control systems: CVS, SVN, GIT, Mercurial
- Review of the SCRUM methodology
- ISTQB certification
- Java programming language. Variables and data types. Logical operators and branching operators
- Introduction to database theory. SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE requests. Multi-table databases
- Aggregation and association functions
- Views, stored procedures, triggers, user functions
- Automation of testing: Goals, tasks, stages, approaches to automated testing
- Introduction to Web technologies, HTML structure, text formatting with HTML and CSS. XML, XPath, and WebDriver
- Selenium Server. Creating a framework for testing in Selenium
- Analysis of test automation products, automated testing of web services and mobile applications
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- To use software testing tools for mobile and desktop applications, as well as for web projects;
- To apply the basics of web technologies, programming, system administration, and understand the principles of working with databases for their use in automated testing;
- To create a test plan. To work with bug trackers;
- To do automated testing using various software;
- To understand Selenium architecture and usage principles. To create scripts in Selenium for web pages testing;
- To understand the language of structured SQL queries. Be able to create multi-table queries
- To choose the best testing methods;
- To understand how subrequests and aggregation functions work
- To normalize databases;
- To use stored procedures, triggers, views, user functions
- To use different version control systems
- To pass an interview for the QA-engineer position
Forms of study
Testing By QA
from 537 RM/month
Testing by QA courses is held in a classroom with teachers. Practice is embedded in the learning process, takes place under the supervision of an experienced practitioner, with no video lectures in the record, and 100% of the time interaction with a professional.
Upon completion of the course, you will have the following projects in your portfolio:
- Test automated scenarios for various situations
- Developed and solved a large number of tasks in Python/Java
- Tested UI-testing of the web project
- Mobile application testing performed
- Performed load testing of the web project
- Using and resolving conflict situations in version control systems
Testing by QA is aimed at acquiring practical QA testing skills recommended by our employers. The courses are aimed at future employment.
To reserve a spot: +60 19-627 0308
from 537 RM/month
Classes are held in distance classes with a live teacher. Groups of up to 20 students. The practice is based on the learning process, it takes place online under the supervision of the teacher, there are no video lectures on the recording.
How we teach
The training process in Nova is focused on developing practical professional skills without any distraction: no written exams, no memorizing, only specific tests for self-assessment.
IT Nova students receive international diplomas